Parents and Family
Welcome to the Woodsworth College community!
As you watch your student head off to university for the first time, you may be experiencing emotions ranging from pride and excitement to anxiety. We've created this page to familiarize you with the campus services and supports available to your student. In the coming months, we'll be posting a month-by-month list of some of the transition issues students commonly face during their first year at university.
Want to stay up-to-date?
- The Woodsworth College student e-newsletter is sent out bi-weekly to all Woodsworth students to inform them of upcoming deadlines, student life activities and volunteer opportunities. You can read past issues of the student newsletter on the archive page.
- The Parents and Family page is your go-to resource for keeping up-to-date on student life activities happening on the St. George campus. You can also see what your student is seeing on digital screens around campus on the Just-in-Time slides page.
- Privacy. Did you know that the law considers your student to be independent? Information about your student's course enrolment, timetable, grades and finances are protected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Consent. Instructors and university staff members cannot release information about a student unless the student has given us permission to do so. We encourage students to speak with instructors, staff and family members about their questions and concerns.
Services available to your student
- We encourage students to sign up for an Academic Orientation Session at Woodsworth College in July which will help them understand course selection and enrolment.
- We also offer Jump Start, an intensive day-long workshop which features presentations from the Woodsworth Academic Writing Centre and experienced upper-year students.
- The Woodsworth College Office of the Registrar offers frontline and one-on-one academic and financial advising to help students meet their academic goals.
- Visit the Woodsworth College Academic Support page to learn about our Academic Writing Centre, computer lab, Math Aid centre and learning strategist.
- The Office of the Dean of Students runs programs and services to help students make the most of their time at university including professional development sessions, mentorship programs and student life activities.
- You can view a full list of St. George campus supports and services on our website.