Parents and Family
Welcome to the Woodsworth College community!
As you watch your student head off to university for the first time, you may be experiencing emotions ranging from pride and excitement to anxiety. We've created this page to familiarize you with the campus services and supports available to your student.
Want to stay up-to-date?
- U of T has launched a comprehensive Parents & Supporters website with info to help you navigate U of T and familiarize yourself with the resources available to students.
- The Woodsworth College student e-newsletter is sent out bi-weekly to all Woodsworth students to inform them of upcoming deadlines, student life activities and volunteer opportunities. You can read past issues of the student newsletter on the archive page.
- Want to check out what your student is seeing on digital screens around campus? Visit the Just-in-Time slides page.
- Privacy. Did you know that the law considers your student to be independent? Information about your student's course enrolment, timetable, grades and finances are protected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Consent. Instructors and university staff members cannot release information about a student unless the student has given us permission to do so. We encourage students to speak with instructors, staff and family members about their questions and concerns.
Services available to your student
- Find academic orientation events and resources on our Get Oriented page.
- We also offer Academic Skills Webinars in August which feature presentations from the Woodsworth Academic Writing Centre and experienced upper-year students.
- The Woodsworth College Office of the Registrar offers frontline and one-on-one academic and financial advising to help students meet their academic goals.
- Visit the Woodsworth College Academic Support page to learn about our Academic Writing Centre, computer lab, Math Aid centre and learning strategist.
- The Office of the Dean of Students runs programs and services to help students make the most of their time at university including professional development sessions, mentorship programs and student life activities.
- You can view a full list of St. George campus supports and services on our website.