Woodsworth College Alumni Association
The Woodsworth College Alumni Association represents the College’s 30,000 plus alumni. It is governed by a board of directors made up of Woodsworth grads.
The Woodsworth College Alumni Association (WCAA) is recruiting for 2019-2020 Board of Director Positions.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Attendance of monthly board meetings, and events hosted by the Board
- Contributing as a member of a working committee struck throughout the year
- General expectation to stay on for at least one subsequent year
- Time commitment of 2-4 hours per month
As a member of the Board, you will gain exposure to the network, operations, and events of the broader Woodsworth and U of T Community in which you may serve as a representative of the Board and/or College.
Board members also have the opportunity to take on leadership roles by striking and chairing committees in areas of interest and by joining the Board executive team.
Being a member of the board also allows you to act as a representative on other governance bodies of the College and University such as the College of Electors, which elects alumni governors and the Chancellor.
We are seeking to expand the number of positions on the Board from 10 to 15 this year, so it is a great time to get involved.
One of these positions will have a focus on social media and expanding our presence and outreach online.
In an effort to ensure our board represents the programs offered by Woodsworth, we are seeking someone that completed studies on a part-time basis.
We are also seeking someone interested in taking on the role of treasurer in future years.
If you are interested in joining our board, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com by no later than March 11th. Best efforts will be made to interview all candidates from March 18 to April 5.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to attend the Board’s Annual General Meeting, where the slate of directors will be affirmed on the evening of May 30, 2019.
WCAA Mission Statement
To connect, re-connect and engage Woodsworth Alumni, through enriching experiences, with the College and the University communities.
- Alumni Café Series (invited lecturers with topics of interest)
- Professional Development Events
- Networking Events
Alumni Association Board 2018-19
The following Woodsworth alumni are the 2018-19 board members:
- Harlan Tufford, President
- Erin Rud-Thompson, Vice President
- Sofiya Datsyuk, Secretary
- Dan Acheson, Treasurer
- Sean Kiefte Past President
- Yunis Kariuki, Director-at-large
- Yasmeen Khan, Director-at-large
- Susan Shah, Director-at-large
- Connie White, Director-at-large