If you are 65 years of age or older and would like to take undergraduate degree-level courses in the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto, you may be eligible for the 65+ Program at Woodsworth College.
Benefits of the Program
- You can apply for the 65+ Program even if you don’t meet the prerequisite requirements for admission to a degree program.
- Although you will still be required to pay tuition fees, your incidental fees will be waived.
- As a student in the 65+ Program, you can apply for bursary assistance.
To be eligible for admission to the 65 + Program, you must:
- Be 65 years of age or older by the first day of the month in which you intend to start your studies;
- Provide proof of age to support your application (birth certificate, driver's license, or any senior citizen privilege card).
Have you previously been a student at the University of Toronto?
- If you were previously registered at another college within the Faculty of Arts & Science (not Woodsworth), then you are you not eligible to apply for the 65+ program at Woodsworth. Instead, please visit the college at which you were previously registered.
- If you were previously registered at University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) or University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM), then you are not eligible to apply for the 65+ program at Woodsworth. Instead, please visit the campus at which you were previously registered.
How the 65+ Program Works
- If you are admitted to the 65+ program, you will be registered as a non-degree student (i.e., not working toward a degree).
- After satisfactory progress in four courses, you may request admission as a degree student (working toward a degree). In that case, courses that you pass in the Faculty of Arts & Science as a non-degree student will be credited toward your degree. Also, any degree courses completed at other universities will be assessed for possible transfer credit.
- As a student in the 65+ program, you will be governed by the same rules and regulations as regular degree students. These include the necessity of submitting essays and assignments and writing examinations as required in each course. Please refer to the Faculty of Arts & Science Calendar to see a complete listing of Faculty rules and regulations.
- There is a processing fee of $25.00 that must accompany the application.