Diploma to Degree Program
The Diploma to Degree Program is a college-to-university transfer program located at Woodsworth College within the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto. If you are enrolled in a two-year arts and science diploma at one of our partner institutions, the Diploma to Degree Program could be your pathway to university studies.
Why choose this pathway?
- Enter U of T as a second-year student, and apply to academic programs offered in the Faculty of Arts & Science (a small number of programs are not available for transfer students)
- Get up to six transfer credits from your college studies.
- Pay no application or transcript fees.
- Have access to one-on-one support from a learning strategist.
- Receive personalized academic and financial advising.
- Be eligible for bursary funding.
Studying at U of T:
- The UTogether website is a great place to connect with and learn about the U of T community.
- Most courses at U of T are in-person but some may have remote/online learning components. The timetable will make a note of any online components. If a course you plan to enrol in has online components, please note the recommended technology requirements to successfully engage in your classes.
- For the latest information on U of T's response to COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses, please see the UTogether page and the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Meet some of our graduates:
"Figuring out your path in life is not easy and having the right guidance can be what sets you apart. This is exactly what the Diploma to Degree program has done for me: they helped me understand myself through attentive, small classes and a variety of resources and support. This program allowed me to explore various subjects and plenty of face time with instructors which helped me figure out what I wanted to do in life. Now, as a grad student at U of T, I look back and find myself grateful to have had that space to grow."
"The Diploma to Degree Program prepared me well for my studies and for life in general. I made great friends and built a network that I believe has set me up for success in the workforce. Often times, after high school, we are expected to know exactly what we want to pursue as a subject, but this doesn’t always happen. The program gave me the chance to explore different subjects at Humber, refine my writing, and then choose a major that I was truly interested in at U of T. I would absolutely recommend the Diploma to Degree Program."
"The Diploma to Degree Program became a beacon of hope when I initially doubted my ability to pursue post-secondary education in Canada. With its smaller class sizes, abundant support, and diverse resources, the program provided an ideal environment for me to explore various courses, discover my passions, and catch up on my studies as a newcomer. The Diploma to Degree Program was instrumental in preparing me for university life."