How do I apply?
Browse through the Faculty of Arts & Science course timetable to see which courses are available. Open the Additional Course Information dropdown box at the top of each course you’re interested in to see if there are any prerequisites, corequisites and exclusions that apply to that course. You should only list a course on your letter of permission if you’ve met the prerequisites, corequisites and exclusions for that course.
Some courses are not open to visiting students. Learn about which courses you are allowed to take as a visiting student.
Request a letter of permission
Request a letter of permission from your home university that lists the courses you’d like to take as a visiting student. Some courses are not open to visiting students. Learn about which courses you are allowed to take as a visiting student.
What to include in your letter of permission:
- The letter of permission must be on your home university’s official letterhead.
- It should include your full name and should indicate whether or not you’re in good academic standing at your home university.
- List the University of Toronto course code and course title for each course you’d like to take here as a visiting student.
- List as many courses as possible, in case you aren’t able to get into your preferred course(s).
- Indicate the academic session during which you’d like to study here (e.g. Summer 2020; Fall/ Winter 2020-2021).
Send us your approved letter of permission
Once your letter of permission has been approved and signed by your home university, send it to us as soon as possible (or have your institution send it to us).
Here are the fastest methods for sending us your letter of permission:
- Include it in your online application;
- Scan it as a PDF and email it to us;
- Fax it to us at 416-978-4088.
You can also send your letter of permission by mail, but this will take longer. Our mailing address is:
Visiting Students Program Office
Office of the Registrar, Woodsworth College
119 St. George St.
Toronto, ON M5S 1A9
- To apply, click the button above that says ACCESS THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
Please note that the $90 application fee is non-refundable.
Although it is possible to submit an online application without a letter of permission, we will not assess your application until we have received your letter of permission.
- For the 2020 Summer Session, the deadline to submit an application is April 17, 2020. However, we recommend that you submit your application by February 21, 2020 to ensure course enrolment on March 2, 2020 (first day of summer enrolment).
What happens after I've applied?
- You’ll receive an email confirmation of your online payment.
- You’ll hear back from our office about the results of your application within two weeks.