How do I enrol and pay fees?
Log into ACORN
Your letter of offer will include your student number and your JOINid. Visit the JOINid website to enable your JOINid.
Once your JOINid is enabled you can log into ACORN. ACORN is U of T’s student information service - a hub for everything you need to manage your student life.
- If you’ve logged in to JOINid or ACORN in the past, you can use the same login information that you used previously.
- If you’ve applied to other U of T programs, you may be asked to provide an OUAC reference number at this point in the process.
Add a course
First day of enrolment
- Course enrolment for Visiting Students for the Fall/ Winter 2018-2019 session begins on August 10, 2018.
How to add a course
Under the Enrol & Manage menu option on ACORN, enter the course code for the course that you want to take. For example:
- If there’s no space available in the course, you may be able to add yourself to a waitlist.
- Consult our list of guidelines on how to choose an appropriate course.
- Email us if you are having trouble adding a course.
Course fees vs. program fees
As long as you stay within the 3.5 Full Course Equivalent (FCE) credit limit during the Fall/ Winter session, you will be charged course fees, which are calculated on a per-course basis.
However, if you enrol in more than 3.5 FCEs over the course of the Fall/ Winter session, you will be charged program fees, which are significantly more costly. Please contact our office if you have enrolled in more than 3.5 FCEs and/ or if you have been charged program fees.
Confirm your prerequisites
If the course(s) you’ve chosen have prerequisites, corequisites or exclusions, you’ll need to contact the academic department for each course to demonstrate that you’ve met these. Some departments will require that you send them an unofficial version of your transcript. Make sure to do this well before the start of classes so that you aren’t removed from your courses.
To find a contact person for each academic department, consult the list of academic program advisors on the Faculty of Arts & Science website.
Pay your fees
- The deadline to pay or defer your fees for the Fall/ Winter 2018-2019 session is August 29, 2018.
In some cases, you can defer your tuition if you are on OSAP or other provincial government aid. Learn how to defer your tuition online using ACORN.
How to pay
- You can pay your fees using online banking, if your bank offers this service.
The payee name is University of Toronto.
Your account number is on your invoice. Make sure to enter your account number correctly to ensure that your payment is credited to your U of T account.
Save or print out a receipt of your payment. You might need this later as your proof of payment.
- Alternatively, you can pay your fees in person at your bank. If you do it this way, bring a copy of your ACORN invoice with you.
- See the complete list of payment methods on the Student Accounts website.
Proof of payment
As long as you’ve paid or deferred your fees on or before the deadline, you don’t need to do anything further. Bank processing can take several days, and the University has a grace period to allow for this.
However, if you’ve paid your fees after the deadline, you’ll need to send us a proof of payment. Email us your proof of payment right away so that we can complete your registration and ensure that you aren’t removed from your courses.
Student card & email account
- Get your TCard (student card) as soon as possible once you're on campus. Find out how to get your TCard.
- You can then activate your UTORid and set up your U of T email account.
- If you have problems with your UTORid, ACORN access or email account, please connect with the Information Commons Help Desk at Robart’s Library. Learn how to contact the Help Desk.