Program Overview & Courses
How does the program work?
Part-time and full-time options
The program is designed to be completed on a part-time basis, which involves taking a single course as a part-time student. Most students choose this option. There are three possible start-times for the part-time program: September, January and April.
- The Fall/ Winter session runs from September to December or September to April (applications open in May*).
- The Winter session runs from January to April (applications open in October*).
- The Summer session runs from April to June (applications open in January*).
*We encourage you to submit your completed application well in advance of the start date you have chosen.
Some students choose to enrol in the full-time offering of the program which includes three courses. The full-time program takes place during the Fall/ Winter session (September to April). Applications open in May*.
The full-time program may be more suitable for you if:
- You have been out of school for a significant amount of time and you would like more academic skills instruction.
- You have not completed senior-level high school courses.
- You require OSAP while you are studying to help cover living expenses.
*We encourage you to submit your completed application well in advance of the start date.
Eligibility to transition into degree studies
If you successfully complete one Academic Bridging Program course by earning a grade of 63 per cent or higher, you are eligible to begin degree studies in a bachelor of arts program within the Faculty of Arts & Science the following September.
- If you earn between 63 per cent and 72 per cent in the course, you may begin degree studies as a part-time student.
- If you earn a grade higher than 73 per cent, you have the option to begin full-time studies immediately following the program.
|Contemporary Canada (WDW102Y1Y)||Monday 10 am - 1 pm|
|Introduction to the Study of Literature (WDW103Y1Y)||Tuesday 1 pm - 4 pm|
|Introduction to Environmental Studies (WDW104Y1Y)||Wednesday 6 pm - 9 pm|
|Topics in Indigenous Cultures and Societies (WDW105Y1Y)||Monday 1 pm - 4 pm|
|Canadian History (WDW101Y1F)||Tuesday and Thursdays 10 am - 1 pm|
January 2020 - April 2020:
(applications for the winter will be available on this website in fall)
|Introduction to Academic Studies (ABP100Y1Y)||Tuesday 10 am -1 pm|
|Contemporary Canada (WDW102Y1Y)||
Monday 10 am -1 pm
|Order and Disorder I (WDW151H1F)||Thursday 10am - 1pm (Sep to Dec)|
|Order and Disorder II (WDW152H1S)||Thursday 10am - 1pm (Jan to Apr)|