Skip to main content
Unsupported Browser
Your Browser is out of date and is not supported by this website.
Please upgrade to Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, or Microsoft Edge.

Need immediate mental health support?

If you are feeling distressed

  • Whether you are in Canada or anywhere else in the world, you can call or text chat with a counsellor at the U of T Telus Health Student Support (formerly U of T My SSP). This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and service is available in multiple languages
    • Within North America, call: 1-844-451-9700 
    • Outside of North America, call: 001-416-380-6578 
  • If you are in Ontario, you can reach the Good2Talk Ontario helpline for post-secondary students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, at 1-866-925-5454. Learn about their text chat support and peer-to-peer community on the Good2Talk website.
  • If you are experiencing distress on campus, call U of T Campus Safety anytime at 416-978-2222.
  • If you are in Canada and in any emergencycall 9-1-1 or go to the nearest urgent care centre or hospital emergency department. 

Other resources: 

Find more resources on the U of T Feeling Distressed web page.