Need immediate mental health support?
If you are feeling distressed:
- Whether you are in Canada or anywhere else in the world, you can call or text chat with a counsellor at the U of T Telus Health Student Support (formerly U of T My SSP). This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and service is available in multiple languages.
- Within North America, call: 1-844-451-9700
- Outside of North America, call: 001-416-380-6578
- If you are in Ontario, you can reach the Good2Talk Ontario helpline for post-secondary students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, at 1-866-925-5454. Learn about their text chat support and peer-to-peer community on the Good2Talk website.
- If you are experiencing distress on campus, call U of T Campus Safety anytime at 416-978-2222.
- If you are in Canada and in any emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest urgent care centre or hospital emergency department.
- Gerstein Crisis Centre: 416-929-5200
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto: 416-408-HELP (4357)
- Assaulted Women's Helpline: (416) 863-0511
- City of Toronto Central Intake for Emergency Shelter: (416) 338-4766
Find more resources on the U of T Feeling Distressed web page.