Current Student FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions from Current Bridging Students

Something has come up—how do I withdraw from the Academic Bridging Program?
Notify the Bridging Office in writing by email before the appropriate deadline date.  Any fee consideration, will be strictly based on the refund and withdrawal schedule.  Students who walk away from the program but do not cancel their course in writing by the appropriate deadline will receive a failing grade.

When should I pay my fees?
The deadline for fee payments and the fee refund schedule is included in the admission package.  Tuition payments can be made through phone or online banking, and in person at a bank with the University of Toronto fees invoice.  More information regarding tuition fee payments can be found at:

I have paid the minimum amount to register.  When is the remaining balance due?
Students who do not pay their full tuition fee will be charged a 1.5% monthly service charge on the balance of their account.  The service charges are applied, and will continue to accumulate on the 15th of each month (beginning November 15th for the Fall session), until the balance is cleared.  Any remaining balance on the account must be paid by the end of the course.

I have received notification that I will be granted the Noah Meltz Bursary.  What do I need to do to claim this bursary?
The Noah Meltz bursary are automatically credited to the student’s account and excess funds, if any, are issued to students as a cheque in the mail.  Students are responsible to check their accounts on ROSI to ensure that fees have been paid.

I missed a class/in-class test/deadline for an assignment.  What should I do?
Students should try to attend every class for their academic success.  Students should contact their instructor as soon as possible to discuss missed assignment, required readings, and other course related material.  It is a good idea for students to connect with fellow classmates to get the missed lecture notes.  Students may need to submit documentation to support the reason for the absence or missed deadline.

Are there any academic support programs available with my course?
The Woodsworth Academic Writing Centre provides one-on-one guidance to students to improve writing skills.  Academic Bridging students can also meet with a Learning Strategist and attend the Academic Skills seminars, which provide strategies to develop the skills necessary for academic success.  Academic support is also available through Academic Success Centre at the Koffler Student centre (

As an Academic Bridging student, what U of T services can I use?
Students can utilise the athletic facilities, libraries, Family Care Office, Career Centre, and Health Services, to name a few.  These services are covered by your incidental fees, which also include limited health and dental insurance coverage (Fall and Winter sessions only).  Please contact the Association of Part-time Undergraduate Students ( or the University of Toronto Student Union for full-time students ( for more information regarding the health and dental plan (a PDF copy of the part-time GreenShield Benefit Booklet is available for printing above).

Where can I get an application for the Woodsworth College bursary?
Applications for the Woodsworth College, William Waters’ bursary are available on Blackboard halfway through the course.  The average amount of the bursary is $300 to $600 so students with demonstrated financial need should apply first for the Meltz bursary when they are admitted to the Academic Bridging Program.


Portable Documents