Diploma to Degree


I checked the Newly Admitted website, Calendar and Timetable and still do not know what class I should take for my qualifying course.  Who can I talk to?

Choosing a Qualifying Course can be overwhelming.  You can contact our office and we can help you select an appropriate course.

When do I find out if I am admitted to take my qualifying course and how do I enroll in my course(s)?

Once we process your application, we will provide you with an Offer of Conditional Admission.  This email will provide you with your student number and other important information on how and when to enroll and pay for courses.

I enrolled in a course but I did not end up getting a 3.0 GPA or recommendation from my college.  What should I do?

If you do not receive your College Recommendation, we will withdraw you from your course and refund your fees.  The course will not remain on your U of T record. If you have not yet completed your diploma, you may be able to return in a future session once you raise your GPA.  We also recommend speaking to your college advisor to find out what options or pathways may be available to you.

I enrolled in a course and received the recommendation but I no longer want to continue.  What should I do?

As soon as you enroll in courses, you should familiarize with financial and drop dates and deadlines.  If you are unsure about continuing in a course, you should contact our office immediately.

I received my College Recommendation and enrolled in a course but I am unsure if I can afford to take a summer qualifying course.  Is there financial assistance or advising?

If you are planning to take a course as a Visiting Student and have financial concerns, please contact our office.  You may be eligible for a bursary and can meet with a financial advisor to discuss your situation in more detail.

I did not achieve the required 60% in my qualifying course.  What should I do?

You should contact the Program Advisor to discuss your options.

I successfully completed my 2 year diploma and received 60% in my Qualifying Course, and want to continue at U of T.

Congratulations!  You should contact the Program Office to set up a transfer advising appointment.

All of my programs of interest are listed as Type 2 programs on the website.  What does that mean?  When do we choose our programs?

Students interested in Type 2 or Type 3 programs are advised to have back up programs for their first year of degree studies until they meet their Program admission requirements at the end of their first year.  Students should consult with the Program Office for further advising on Type 2 and 3 Programs.

Typically, University of Toronto students select their Programs in April for the upcoming September.  However, students completing their qualifying course in the Summer F Section (May-end of June) must select their Programs no later than the end of June for September transfers.

I want to enroll into programs in areas other than Humanities or Social Sciences.  I am interested in Life Sciences or Physical and Mathematical Sciences, is this the right program for me?

The Diploma to Degree Program does not typically provide entry into programs such as Computer Science or Psychology or other Life Sciences programs or Physical & Mathematical Sciences.  Students may still attempt to pursue these areas of study but are advised to have several back-up programs.  Students should be aware that there may be additional high school requirements or specific first year requirements that they may have difficulty enrolling in as second year transfer students and this may prolong their degree studies significantly.

I want to become a doctor/dentist, is this pathway for me?

Medicine and Dentistry are second entry programs.  This means that you must apply after you have completed undergraduate requirements.  The Diploma to Degree Program through Woodsworth is not the ideal pathway to enter into Life Sciences at U of T with the goal of pursuing medicine or dentistry. Students generally do not have the high school science background needed to pursue life sciences through this pathway.  In addition, students are usually admitted into 2nd year studies upon transfer and will not have easy access to first year required life science courses.  This can significantly extend your degree studies and cost additional time and money.

Some of the programs I am interested in at U of T have high school prerequisites that I have not yet completed.  Can I still pursue those programs?

Yes.  You may be able to complete high school prerequisites or the equivalent while you are completing your diploma or during the summer session prior to your transfer.  Contact our office so we can determine the best way to complete those courses.